What: Model Railway Exhibition
Where: Bishop Walsh School, Wylde Green Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
When: Sat/Sun 28th-29th April 2018
The Sutton Coldfield Railway Society will be holding its annual Model Railway Exhibition
at Bishop Walsh School over the weekend of 28th and 29th April.
This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the Club and to celebrate such an auspicious occasion they will have 16 layouts on show including 6 from the Club itself.
Highlights are Oakley from Roger Strike which exemplifies the steam era branch line, and Bear Creek Junction from Adrian Hall, a Warley National award winning American multi-gauge layout with stunning Colorado scenery.
In addition to the layouts there will be trade stands, preservation societies and audio visual presentations. Sandwiches, cakes and light refreshments will also be available. Ample free parking on site.
The Club is hoping that as many people as possible get the chance to drop in and say hello as they would welcome meeting up with friends old and new on this special occasion.
Traders at this year’s exhibition include:
- 12 Volts DC – Model railway electrical components;
- Bob Scott Spares – Spares and accessories;
- Booklaw Publications – Railway books;
- Country Scenes & Trees – Model scenery supplier;
- Elaine’s Trains – New and used rolling stock;
- Grange & Hodder Ltd – Lightweight, precision laser cut plywood baseboards;
- Hobbyrail – Sutton Coldfield – DCC demonstration and sales stand;
- Ian’s Trains – Pre-owned models;
- John Sutton Books and Models – New and used narrow gauge books;
- Pixel Shack Design – Promotional goods;
- Squires Model and Craft Tools – Specialised miniature hand and power tools;
- Topp Trains – Ready to run locomotives and rolling stock;
- Vintage Trains – Rail tours and the Shakespeare Express.
The opening times are 10am – 5pm on the Saturday and 10am – 4pm on the Sunday.
Entry costs £5.00 for adults and £4.00 concessions. Accompanied children under 16 will be admitted free of charge.